The whole universe, indeed! \o/
Happy 44th anniversary to one of the most amazing albums of music history, from the most formidable performer/artist/musician that has ever existed, my father David Bowie Official Website | No Plan EP so deeply missed and never forgotten ❤
This masterpiece has some very sweet details surrounding its conception that I’d like to share with you guys:
- Aladdin Sane’s title was a game word of the sentence “A lad insane”, representing Bowie’s constant struggle towards mental health and the fear of going mad.
- David had just recently retired the feisty Ziggy Stardust, his previous persona, and used to describe Aladdin Sane as “Ziggy goes to America”, displaying all of his mixed feelings towards his tour around the USA.
- The amazing Spiders from Mars ( Mick Ronson , Trevor Bolder and Mick “Woody” Woodmansey ) were still tagging along.
- Crazily enough, it only had 4 singles, which are not the main track: The Jean Genie, Time, Let’s spend the night together and Drive-In Saturday (definitely, one of my all time karaoke favourites – I do sing randomly, have I mentioned that before?).
- It’s one of the first times when Bowie covers someone, in this case, The Rolling Stones, with Let’s Spend the Night Together.
- My favourite songs from it are surely Drive-In Saturday, the title track, Time (AWESOME PIANO LINE! <3) and Lady Grinning Soul.
In honour of such an important milestone, go and listen to this treasure he has left us:
I’m having a Hell of a day, so just glad to be home and listening to some of my heroes in order to make the pain go away. What do you guys usually do when feeling down and crappy?